Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Beginning

OK, hello everyone! 


I suppose I would like to start off by explaining why I have created this blog. First, as a result of acquiring scholarships for this study abroad program I must, in some creative method, produce a "project" and give a report about my ventures in Prague. Second, friends and family have asked to be kept in the loop and so this is quite a convenient way to do so seeing as I cannot use my phone while abroad. Thirdly, and for my own selfish reasons, I will not have to update everyone I know about how my trip went and consequently dread the polite and expected question of, "So how was your trip!?" These three reasons make up the foundation of why I chose this medium. 


Furthermore, I would like to ask all of you to bear with me throughout the writing and execution my "Prague Blog." Although I am an English major and that consists of my producing many papers, I am not particularly gifted in writing. I am also not the best with grammar. I have survived my major only through hours of hard work and much appreciated editors. However, I will try my best to generate something readable. 


Lastly, I feel it necessary to give credit where credit is due in relation to the title of my blog. The name was thought of by Mr. Saar and so I would like to publicly acknowledge him for doing so. Thank you Mr. Saar! Also, thank you to Katie Eckhardt for finding the incredible picture of Prague that is posted here. 


I hope you all enjoy! 

3 comments:

  1. Samsonite!
    I am very happy that you, too, get to experience Prague. I love your reasons why because it is why I started mine. Hopefully, you can stick with it because when I was there - the city got to me. I wanted to venture off more than I wanted to sit at the computer. I look forward to pics and lots of stories!

    Have you decided where you are going for you free weekend?

    xoxo
    Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How exciting for you! Congratulations and have a great experience. Hope you have fun and come back with some incredible stories to share! - Nicole Marleau

    ReplyDelete